Sunday 17 April 2011

Circus performers!

Last weekend I went to a cocktail bar/cabaret restaurant in Covent Garden called Circus.  I had never been there before and didn't know anything about the place, so I was quite surprised to see burlesque performers climb onto a long banquet table (where people were still eating!) and begin dancing and twirling through hoops.  Just when I thought things couldn't get any stranger or more exciting,  some sexy ladies entered and began playing with fire!  

I plan to go back there sometime soon.  Their cocktails are incredible - they have everything from lavender honey sours (Irish whiskey + French herb liqueur shaken with fresh lemon and lavender honey) to mixed berry juleps (cognac and bourbon churned with mint, seasonal berries, and demerara sugar).





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Researching Victorian illustration at the Courtauld Institute of Art. Loves text + image relations, book arts, poetry, fantasy, science, people watching, the moon. Originally from Memphis, Tennessee.